KPI Strategy workshop: What is important for your organisation to measure, and How to construct meaningful KPIs.
This is an advert more than a blog, but at least you will get to hear about it and talk to me directly.
Are you concerned that your organisation is not measuring the right things to determine Performance and Alignment? If so, I am running a FREE KPI Strategy Workshop, with some colleagues about:
Providing Insight into what is important for your organisation to measure and how to construct meaningful KPIs
Over 90% of medium and large organisations have measurement systems in place to inform senior management of performance and to reassure the executive team that the organisation is aligning its activities to support corporate strategy. However, our research has shown that usually there is a disconnect between the information that senior managers receive and that seen by the executive team. The corporate strategy is probably on paper, was last looked at months ago, was never communicated past the senior management team, and is not a `living’ document.
Your corporate strategy will likely have Quadrants, Themes or Major Objectives. If you were to place all of the activities that you measure into these boxes would you have some Themes without KPIs and some KPIs left over that don’t underpin a Major Objective?
If so, you have a lot in common with most other companies. Measuring what people do is fine, but the fact that they know you are measuring them may change their behaviour in ways that may not be desirable.
If you are only measuring what you have the ability to measure, rather than what you want to manage, that may be fundamentally flawed and provide no insight to performance at all. What needs to be determined is what measures are important and how will you measure them? We don’t know all of the answers, but we can explain how you can figure this out.
This free workshop on 24th July will help you understand some of these issues, and others, and help you get a clear picture of what you should do to determine what is important for your organisation to measure.
We will help you answer these issues:
- How to determine what is important for your organisation to measure?
- How to roll up KPIs in support of the overall corporate strategy?
- How to achieve balance and create forward-looking KPIs?
- How to communicate the corporate strategy to everyone and change behaviour?
- What type of measurement framework is right for your organisation?
During the briefing, we won’t necessarily answer all of your questions, but we can help you to better understand the underlying issues and provide insights into how you can answer these for yourself.
If you would prefer a one-on-one meeting, we would be delighted to arrange to come to your offices.
Who should attend?….
- Anyone who is part of the management or executive team who thinks this is important.
- Anyone who is part of the measurement process who wants to get this right or wants more insights into their management performance.
- Anyone who wants to hear from a specialist who has tackled these issues.