Are you struggling to explain the difference between strategic management and operational management? If so you are not alone – many others are also. Hence the reason I created this talk and video about the differences between strategic and operational management.
This talk, over an hour in length, was presented to the London Chapter of the ACCA (The global body for professional accountants) in April 2010. They tell me this was one of their highest scoring talks.
Having a strategy, communicating that strategy, and implementing that strategy are regarded as fundamental to the success of any organisation. Yet in many circumstances the discussion of what is “strategic”, and what is not, can cause problems. For instance: What one person sees as strategy, another may see as tactical or operational. What two people mean by “strategic” can be quite different.
Watch the introductory story to the talk here.
The purpose of this video is to help you:
- Understand the difference between strategy and operational/tactical management,
- Avoid common mistakes that people make when discussing strategy,
- Learn some practical tools that will help you think and talk about strategy vs operational management more confidently.
The approach has four principles which are elaborated throughout the talk.
- Strategy as connection to the landscape
- Strategy as working on the system, not in it
- Strategy as a persistent pattern of behaviour
- Strategy as a learning process.
This DVD is just £19.99. Free UK postage.
Postage overseas will be extra. Simply use the paypal “Buy Now” button, complete your details and we’ll send you the DVD.