- Regional Strategy Social Care
- Large Retailer: Strategic roll-out
- Balanced Scorecard in a charity
- City Council: Joined-up strategy
- Growth through Synergy
- Utility: Engaging Management
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Managing uncertainty using Strategic Balanced Scorecards
- International Bank: IT Strategy and Strategic Balanced Scorecard
Using a Balanced Scorecard to capture and manage the IT Strategy in the Banking Sector.
Keywords: IT Strategy, IT Balanced Scorecard, Strategy Map, IT contribution to business change.
The IT department of large Singapore bank (OCBC) required help bringing their strategy closer to the anticipated needs of the new Chief Executive. However they needed to improve their credibility as service providers before they could earn the right to re-position themselves as a constructive partner, rather than servant, to the business units. This short case study describes the formulation and use of a Balanced Scorecard for the Strategy of an international Bank’s IT department. This IT strategy (and its strategy map and balanced scorecard) remained the driving force of the IT department for over five years.
Using an IT Balanced Scorecard for an IT Strategy. (A more detailed version is available by request.)